Picture yourself in a new commute!
Join thousands of Triangle commuters who do something good for their wallets and the environment by not driving alone to work! Participation is easy. Visit www.SmartCommuteChallenge.org today and take the 2010 SmartCommute Challenge. All you have to do is pledge to ride the bus, bike (either traditional bike or electric scooter – your choice!), walk, vanpool, carpool, or work from home at least once between April 15 – May 15. You could win fabulous prizes, including cash, a weekend get-away, a foldable bike or a laptop!
Already a Smart Commuter? We’re raising the stakes with a new contest. Your participation this year will help your company’s chances to win the employer competition and be recognized as the Greenest Commuting Organization in the Triangle.
You can also show off your commute AND your photography skills by entering this year’s photo contest. This is another chance to win by changing your commute!
Here’s how you can SmartCommute:
- Carpool – find a carpool partner at www.ShareTheRideNC.org
- Vanpool – join an existing vanpool or start a new one before May 30 and the first month’s fare is free!
- Ride the Bus – Call 485-RIDE (7433) to get help planning your bus commute or go to www.GoTriangle.org and use the new trip planner. If you pledge to try the bus we’ll send you a free regional day pass!
- Bike or walk – Find bike routes, information on how to rack your bike on the bus, walking trails and more at www.GoTriangle.org
- Telework – working from home even one day a week is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment, reduce stress and keep some money in the bank.
For more information about how to start your new commute and take the Challenge (April 15 – May 15, 2010), visit: www.SmartCommuteChallenge.org.