If you’re reading this post, you more than likely are well acquainted with transit in our area.
Oh you’re not? Well you’re in luck because it’s Try Transit Month! Running from September 3 through October 3, all transit agencies in the GoTriangle family is encouraging you to leave your car keys at the house and jump on board. Check out gotriangle.org/trytransit for complete schedule of events including, rider appreciation day and transit employee appreciation day.
Here are 5 reasons why to try transit this month:
1. Park-and-Ride. You don’t have to have a bus stop right outside your door to take transit. Find a park-and-ride lot close to home and leave the rest of your commute to the professionals.
2. 2 by 4 (wheels). If you prefer the wind in your hair and cycle to work or around town but the dog days of summer are making you consider driving, hold the phone. GoTriangle buses have AC, so you can still get in your exercise but leave the bulk of your ride to us.
3. Productivity for the win! With Triangle Transit routes now sporting new 4G wi-fi, you can answer emails or connect to online documents, before you even get to your desk.
4. Catch some extra zzzz. When you leave the driving to the professionals, you can get a little shut eye before you start your workday. Worried you’re going to miss your stop? Use TransLoc’s new Rider app and set alarms for when your bus arrives at your stop.
5. Extra Dough. I’m not talking about pie crust, I’m talking hard cash. If you have to pay to park on a regular basis, paying up to $6 round trip beats have to feed the meter every 2 hours or the steep daily parking deal. Treat yourself to dinner with your savings for the month.
Try Transit Month isn’t just about getting you to try something different, we also want to give back to our communities. Every Wednesday in the month of September, the GoTriangle family of transit services will hold Stuff The Bus food drives. Our friends at DATA are kicking off the month with their drive at Southpoint Crossing Kroger, 8AM to 5PM. Drop off 3 or more cans of food for a chance at some sweet swag.
Here are the dates for all of the food drives. All food drives benefit The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
- September 10 – CTRAN, Stuff the Bus
- September 17 – CAT, Stuff the Bus
- September 24 – Triangle Transit Stuff the Bus
For more details on locations, please take a look at the Try Transit Month calendar.
Happy Try Transit Month!