Happy Telework Week! Every year we like to celebrate the eco-friendly benefits of teleworking, how you can be a successful teleworker, and why employers should consider creating a telework program. To learn more about teleworking, check out our page: gotriangle.org/telework.
It’s a no-brainer that more teleworkers mean fewer people on the roads, reducing traffic and carbon emissions. But did you know that teleworkers are happier, more productive, and help save their employer a lot of money? Here are just seven of the many benefits of a telework program:
- Increased Productivity: A study done at the University of Texas-Austin found that telecommuters worked 5-7 more hours each week than their in-office counterparts.
- Reduces Turnover: Employees with an option to telecommute report being much happier in comparison to traditional office workers. This leads to more employees staying with the company.
- Eco-friendly: A recent study found that telecommuting saves enough energy to power one million homes in the United States for an entire year!
- Improves Morale: Workplace flexibility promotes a better work-life balance. This leads to happier and less stressed employees who feel more valued.
- Cost Effective: It’s estimated that for each employee who telecommutes, a company saves about $11,000 annually.
- Trust in Employees: Employees who telework tend to have higher production rates to justify the trust of their superiors and their flexible work arrangement.
- Recruit Desirable Employees: Teleworking isn’t for everyone and every position. However, 95 percent of employers say telework has a high impact on employee retention. If you think your employer and job role is a right fit for teleworking, learn more at gotriangle.org/telework.
Not only do you have happier and more productive employees, but also fewer cars on the road. Do you already telework? Be sure to check out our list of top tech tools for successful teleworkers!